Friday, August 27, 2004

the Lover and His beloved

My darling,

I chose you to be My bride.
you are beautiful.
more than the curve of your cheek
and the chocolate of your eye
catches My breath:
the gentle way you spoke
those kind words to the stranger,
the joy in your voice when you sing to Me
and tell me I'm wonderful,
and the courage that blooms in you
when you stand for Me and the truth.
I dance over you, my lovely one.

your Prince


my Lover,

You loved
before i could love You back
gave all You had to buy me.
they paid thirty pieces of silver to betray You,
but You gave up Your throne
and paid Your blood and body to save
them and me.
see my wedding gown,
a white robe of linen,
washed clean at Calvary,
righteousness wrapping around me.
You write my married name,
a secret name
on a white stone.
You go to prepare our home,
and i stay here, reading Your letter.
i listen to Your heart beating, speaking and
singing over me words of love, joy, peace, patience,
kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness,
and self-control.
my heart learns the rhythms of Yours
and beats in time to Your song.
and it thrums the tune of longing
till You come to take me home.

Your princess bride

1.23.03; revised 8.27.04

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this poem. I felt such a disire to love Him more. Thank you for sharing it, for those of us who can't express ourselves this way, but need others to do it for us. God is so awesome!