Friday, August 27, 2004

beloved to her Father

i've misplaced the armor, Daddy.
will You find it for me?
'cause the enemy's sneaking up the back...
You already set me free,
but why do i reach for the chains?

cover my heart with the things i do
from Your goodness in me
and cover my head with the knowing
that You saved me.
bind them with who You are---You're the truth.
shield me with trust, shod me with peace,
and arm me with Your Words...
i'm praying and i'm ready, Dad;
don't go away.

the heat of the enemy's arrows
burns my cheek as they hiss by.
they come fast and in number.
but the armor You gave me
extinguishes his lies.
the sting and the poison
cannot get through the defense.

i will walk in the parade
down the center of New Jerusalem,
not limping, not chained to the enemy.
You're bringing me back from AWOL,
and You're leading on to victory.

see Your people,
standing firm
believing---
and keeping on believing---
that the war one day will be over
and Your banner will fly over all.

7.22.02; revised 8.27.04


No comments: