Thursday, February 24, 2005

More on "Take Time to Be Holy"

This text comes from the final draft of the devotion I shared during choir rehearsal in October 2003.

Come away, My beloved, to our meeting place
beside the cool waters.
I delight in your hand clasped trustingly in Mine.
Your face shining with hope in Me
is beautiful, My child.
You have been seeking Me
wholeheartedly, desiring to learn
My ways so that My thoughts, words, and actions become yours.
I long to tell you great and deep things
you've never known before.
Yield to Me and your springtime will be now.
The blossoming of holiness can begin
even in this season when dry leaves fall to cool, moist ground.
Do not fold up the petals of your living
and determine not to open up till a different spring appears.
The sun is here and shines on every part;
the well flows up and will water a thirsty heart.
So then may songs burst forth and dances may celebrate to a joyful tune.
Spring in you is here and life can be green under an autumn moon.

No comments: