Friday, November 04, 2005

By faith

Stretch the reach of my heart
beyond where my arms touch.
Open the eyes of my heart
to what my sight misses each day.
Make me sigh, long, yearn
for the things unknown to stomach or tongue.

This world is less real than You,
but too many times I choose the lesser things.

So many counterfeit paintings
are hung in the gallery of life,
pleasing to the sight...
Let me see beyond the surface.
Be the Light who shines
to reveal Your fingerprints.

Itching ears only need something
to scratch them. Anything will do.
May my ears incline to hear the best things,
the songs that echo from You.

Keep me hemmed in.
Please do not let me choose
to walk away,
to stray,
or to wander.
The boundaries of Your wings
are sufficent for me,
for Your embrace shows Your care.

1 comment:

ShyViolet said...

Just to let you know I posted some jewelry, and I'm enjoying your poetry. God bless!